photocopiercompare.co.uk is a free to use website and there is no obligation to register and/or enter any personal details to use it. It is intended for a UK business audience, but all information is offered free of charge for anyone to access.
However, we do actively and passively collect and process data, which we feel you should be aware of. All website pages and data are sent using secure SSL technology.
All our data processing activities are done on a legitimate interest basis for the following reason:
- We only use the data we collect for its intended purpose and not for other marketing activities.
- We primarily process information about UK businesses not individuals.
- The only data we actively collect is required to help fulfil users’ requests (more below)
photocopiercompare.co.uk processes several types of data for several different purposes, using several third-party partners and platforms.
Active Data Processing Activities
Our primary data processing activity is helping businesses compare card processing fees, rates, costs and prices via a free, no obligation quote service. It is intended to be used only by businesses that are already trading and/or about to imminently start trading and not by individuals or sole traders.
Please also be aware, photocopiercompare.co.uk does not provide quotes itself but has instead partnered with Inspire Digital Ltd (Trading as Inspired Quotes) to provide the quotes. They in turn work directly with the photocopier companies.
Therefore, we act as both a data controller (since we send them data) and data processor (since they inform use what data they need). All data we collect on their behalf is required to help filter suppliers that may be right for you. If you would prefer not share certain information, you are free to do so and can still find generic pricing information here.
Here is the data that is collected, and the reason for collecting it:
- what kind of copies do you need? This is asked to understand the kind of copies you require, generally this is split between Black and White OR colour. This helps us filter photocopier suppliers.
- What extra features do you require from your photocopier? This is asked to understand what more additional features are required in the photocopier the business is looking for, this may be a multifunctional photocopier with a printer or even networking, there are a repertoire of features available on the market, this further allows us to filter suppliers to best suit the potential business customer.
- Other than A4, what type of paper will you be printing on? Allows us to understand if there are additional photocopier requirements such as A5, A2 or A3 paper input/output in the machine.
- How do you wish to pay for your copier? This is asked to understand how the business customer would intend to pay for a photocopier, generally this is three categories 1) Rent 2) Lease 3) Buy outright
- – This is required to make sure that you are a registered UK business
- First Name, Last Name, Company Name, company’s postcode, business email address, company phone number – This is required to make sure that you are a registered UK business
Once all the data is entered and you submit the form the following actions will occur:
- You will be redirected to our thank you/success page which explain next steps and also offer some additional information about other B2B services. It also includes a link to cancel quote request page here.
- The form data is then sent via a webhook to FLG, a CRM system.
- Once the data is received Inspired Quotes, they will then use this data to contact you via e-mail and/or phone about your request and see if you’d like to proceed with getting quotes from leading UK photocopier companies. You are under no obligation to purchase anything and may inform them you would not like to proceed.
- Inspired Quotes will retain information for as long as their internal policies warrant. If you have any concerns about the data they may hold, please get in contact with us and we will do our best to help.
Passive Data Processing Activities
We use the following third-party tools to help us run a usable website. They do not share any personal information about you with us, but they may still collect information about you and your computer that may be considered personal information.
Below we outline what we use each of them for and where you can find out more about how they may collect and use personal data:
Google Analytics: We use this to track how people use our website in aggregate. We do not use it collect track individual users. Here are the key settings we are currently using:
- Remarketing: OFF
- Advertising Reporting Features: OFF
- User and event data retention: Set to expire after 14 months (shortest option offered)
- Reset on new activity: ON
- User-ID: OFF
- Accepted GDPR Data Processing Amendment
External / Affiliate Links: We sometimes track external links either via Google Analytics and/or third-party affiliate tracking platforms. Any sort of tracking only occurs if you click on an external link. At the bottom of every page where this occurs we disclose which links are affiliate links, but if you’re concerned about this, the simplest option is to not click on external links from our website.